Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well Visit Woes

Argh. I hate Well Baby Visits. Not only are there horrible shots to make my baby cry, but there are dumb-ass doctors who's info is so mainstream and outdated it's not even funny. Dr. "Mike" (because this office is so lame all the docs are called by their first names. blech) suggested I stop FEEDING Miss R during the night so she would SLEEP. She is TWO MONTHS OLD! Not only is she a great sleeper already (only up twice and briefly at that) but babies PHYSIOLOGICALLY NEED to eat during the night! She could develop Failure to Thrive if I refused to meet her nourishment needs. What an ass.

I hate this peds office. Although I also love it because there are over eight doctors. We can see a different one every time and no one ever catches on that (for example)the last doc prescribed vitamin d supplements and I never filled the scrip and am not giving them. They just assume everything is hunky-dory and that's fine with me. I don't get hassles for co-sleeping, breastfeeding, selective vax's or whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools