Monday, August 14, 2006

Day of Rest

With my foot already on the mend, the Husband decided to give me a "break" and take Master J to the beach for the day (aparently the day now begins at 7am and ends at 1pm...whatever). Since I can walk normally now and am having no problems carrying Miss R, I agreed and decided to kick back and relax.

'cause that would be the smart thing to do!

But of course I actually decided to spend the morning catching up on laundry and cleaning the kitchen. (not to mention bathing Miss R, putting together a picture collage, putting together our crockpot dinner, repackaging and freezing a family size package of chicken breast, and straightening and vacuuming the living room all before noon! woo-hoo!)

*sigh*

What is WRONG WITH ME?? A friend (who does not yet have children) just pointed out that pre-children I would have insisted on having a cast just to GET OUT of HAVING to clean the kitchen. And she is so right. The difference is that with a toddler and all his stuff and all the chaos he lovingly brings to our lives, I have begun to cherish the clean, clutter free spaces in my home and in my life. I think I will always hate cleaning the bathroom, though, and I still make the Husband do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools