Monday, August 07, 2006

Living in a void

We're currently a TV free household. This is not because we are so wonderfully alternative or natural that we eschew all things television. It is because we are both poor and lazy. Okay, we're not really poor but we are on a strict budget and not paying for cable or satellite service does make a difference each month. And we really are lazy. Just about once a month we have this conversation:

The Husband: "so...do you want to look into getting direct TV?"
Me: "I thought you were going to do it."
The Husband: "oh."
Me: "Well, nothing is really on anyway. Just so we have it by October 5th."
The Husband: "What's October 5th?"
Me: "The SEASON PREMIER OF LOST! How many times do I have to say it???"
The Husband: "Whatever. We'll have something by November for the elections."
Me: grrrr

Boring I know. I do have a point though...without television (and we don't get a newspaper) I rely on the internet for my news. I know, I know. That's probably the best place to GET news but I did mention lazy, right? Plus I have two littles under the age of 2 who don't really like me spending loads of time online. I barely have time to read my email and blog. So I quickly scan headlines just to make sure I'm not missing anything important. I thought this was effective. Every single article is either about Iraq, Iran, Israel or Lebanon and honestly...boring. I'm pretty much, "war bad, peace good, kill the bad guys so we can have peace." So not anti-war just anti war news. Anyway, today I'm scanning headlines and I read, "Castro Recovers" FROM WHAT? And when is this old man just gonna kick it anyway?? Not like I read the article though. I kind of like the void I'm living in. It makes my life simpler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools