Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I hate cleaning

Yes I know I previously posted about how much I love cleaning now...I guess it's better to say that cleaning and I have a love-hate relationship. The act of cleaning is so satisfying. Watching grime (you see how much I actually do it) disappear with a little effort is a beautiful thing. And you can't beat the end result. The gleaming counters, the shiny floors, the non-moldy shower stall...just wonderful.

The problem comes from living in a four person household where three of the people don't really appreciate (and honestly how could they?) the beauty, the wonder, the glory of a truly clean house.

Senario #1: I have just tidied and vacuumed the living room. With a cracker in one hand and a yogurt in the other, Master J pulls all the books and CD's off the bookshelf spreading clutter, crumbs, and wet sticky goo all over the clean floor (yes, he has three hands, LOL!)

Senario #2: I have live through senario one and although tears threatened, they do not appear. At that moment the Husband walks in the door and says, "Ugh. This place is a disaster!" while giving me a look that clearly says, "What does she DO all day?" *sigh* It's not his fault, under the circumstances I'd think the same thing.

Senario #3: The kitchen is gleaming. The sink is blessedly empty. The Husband arrives home and dumps his empty leftover containers in the sink while leaving trash on the counters. When asked if he could rinse his containers, put them in the dishwasher and throw out his trash a heavy sigh and a grumble can be heard.

Senario #4: I am CLEAN! I have managed a shower. My body smells like raspberries and my hair is soft and shiny. Within five minutes, Miss R, with no provocation I might add, spits up all over my shoulder and hair and once again returns me to a state of stinky milk and hard matted hair.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I dream of having my own separate house that I can keep clean. Where no one is allowed to cook or play or breathe. I totally get people who have "company parlors" where no one in the family is allowed to go. I want one. I WANT ONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools