Wednesday, August 05, 2009

It pays off

Today the children were playing SO nicely outside and lunchtime was fast approaching. I decided (sefishly, of course) that it would be better to make their sandwiches and have them eat ouside on the deck. So I brought everything out and called them in from the backyard. They were happy to eat outside, but when I saw the state of their hands I went back inside for some wet wipes. As I was coming back out I actually heard them PRAYING! They said their whole morning offering (ha,ha) and grace before meals. ALL BY THEMSELVES. Maybe it's just the mom in me, but that absolutely made my day.

Update: humph. they have been back and forth in and out of the house around four times now. "Mommy, I have to tell you something very very very important." uh-huh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katherine T. Lauer said...

That would make my day too. You're doing something right, Kori!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kori,
Please pass this on to your husband as he refuses to accept anonymous comments and I refuse to log in. When ever you feel like checking the site.

RE: Ratio esse vel "Raison d' etre"

John,
One can only concede that the best possible government must be a benevolent dictatorship. Feel free to call it a monarchy or anything else you like. My problem is that there is only one place where such a government exists, or has existed--Heaven!
Knowing from my less than classical education, and my extensive experience that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
You may call for a limited monarchy, but Christ's power is only limited by His Law.
John you make me feel like a kid again. I have not thought of this silly idealistic schlock for probably 20 years.
What we really need is a boys night out with a bottle of some spirit and a hookah for Lou R.
Let me know when your ready!

FXR2

11:49 PM  
Blogger Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

What a success! You really need to pat yourself on the back for that one. Way to go! :-)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools