Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adding Beauty continued

So many of you ('cause SO many people read my blog HAHAHAHAHAHA!) read my post a while back about adding music and candles to our dinners in an attempt to create a beautiful atmosphere. I have to say, while it hasn't solved all our problems, it has defintately lifted my spirits as we live our lives. Fortunately I found Pandora Radio and so have been able to introduce a wide variety of music into our lives throughout the day (nothing says lovely like listening to Etta James while making dinner!).

Here are my goals for adding beauty as we move into spring. Already I have begun to drink my afternoon tea from a teapot (as opposed to the electric kettle) and tea cup and saucer (as opposed to a big mug with a tea bag hanging out). I would like to say I will drink my tea sitting down, but with three kids that isn't likely to happen any time soon so let's call that a loooooong term goal. Also, as they become available I will be cutting flowers to bring inside to a few vases in the dining room and kitchen.
I will also be phasing out a lot of processed foods in favor of homemade and whole foods in an effort to help us all feel a lot better so that we can appreciate the other beautiful things in life.

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Sounds awesome. I love fresh flowers...they totally change how I feel about my house. :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Katherine T. Lauer said...

Lovely ideas, Kori! That's inspiring. I, for one, am a big fan of cloth napkins and wish we used them daily instead of paper.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Schools